Friday, June 8, 2012

I'm Back!

I'm back... but not in New Zealand :(  Life would be much less "RUF" if I was still across that huge ocean.  I've decided to start up this blog again and revamp it with details about the next stage of my life!


I've graduated from Furman (see picture above for proof) and am going on staff as in intern with a campus ministry called Reformed University Fellowship (RUF aka R-U-F) for the next 2 years.  I have been placed at North Carolina State University, so I'll be moving up to Raleigh in August to serve the students there alongside the campus minister, Chuck Askew, and my co-intern, Ian!  Feel free to roam around the different pages here to learn more about RUF and what I'll be doing.  You can click the pictures on the sidebar to be directed to the RUF website and NC State's RUF website.  I'm still working on adding a few more things here, so be sure to check back for more updates!

You're probably thinking... 'Dang, this girl's got it made. Her job doesn't start until August! I bet she's just doing a whole lot of nothing this summer, huh.'  THINK AGAIN.  Since RUF Interns' salaries and expenses are raised completely through financial gifts from individuals and churches, I will be conquering that task this summer and I would LOVE to talk to you more about it!  Don't be fooled though, I don't just need financial support, I NEED YOUR PRAYERS!! For now, you can pray for boldness and humility as I approach people with the chance to partner with me and join me in this adventure, and also that my mind does not get wrapped up in the financial aspect of all this, but instead that Christ is at the center of my heart and continues to be my source of joy!


I am so thankful for the work that the Lord has done in me over the last few years and I am so excited to be able to serve Him through RUF at NC State!


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.    Romans 15:13


No comments:

Post a Comment